Friday, March 13, 2015

The importance of a name

Dearest Darling Baby Girl....

Allow me to introduce you to the other man in Diva's life.  This is your Daddy....Andrew Wallace Bennetch.  I call him Andy and if you ever hear Diva use his whole name then you will know that he is in some kind of trouble with his Momma.

Your daddy is my baby.  I asked your Poppa if he wanted your daddy to be named after him....Charles Thomas Bennetch, Jr. He said no, that your Daddy needed his very own name.  He said that his baby boy would be a godly man and needed a godly name.

 We discussed several names.  I liked the name John Wallace which is a combination of the first names of both of our fathers (John Henry Bennetch, and Wallace Reid Watson) .  Poppa pointed out that there was already a cousin named John and already lots of John Bennetchs  on the family tree.  (When you are older your Daddy will show you "the Red Book" full of the history of our family and all its many members.)

Finally Poppa said, "I have always admired Andrew in the Bible.  He wasn't as dynamic as his brother Peter but the first thing we know about him is that he brought his brother to Jesus.  Andrew was the disciple that brought the little boy with his lunch of 5 fishes and two loaves to Jesus.  Because of Andrew's faith 5,000 people were fed .  I would like to think our son will bring others to Jesus also." 

You need to know that your Diva was a Daddy's girl.  I adored my Daddy and had already decided I would name a son after him if we ever had one.  As much as I adored my dad...."Wally" was never one of my favorite names but Wallace sounds great as a middle name.  So it was agreed upon that if we had a boy his name would be  "Andrew Wallace Bennetch".  My dad cried when I told him I was naming our son after him. 

Another amusing thing you need to know about Diva is my oldest sister loved dolls when we were growing up and all of her dolls had the middle name of Anne.  She had Diane, Marsha Anne, and Sue Anne.   We had agreed that when we grew up she would have all girls and I would have all boys.

As it turned out....she had all boys and I had two little girls .  While I was pregnant with your Daddy she pointed out that both of my girls had "Anne" in their names (Rebekah Joanne,  and Suzanne Renee).  We both laughed at how differently things had turned out than what we always talked about as children.  Before she hung up she asked, " What will this little girl be named?" She suggested the name "Roxanne".  Well as you know my poppet, I didn't have a baby Roxy but I still got an Anne...Andrew that is, our baby boy Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment