Sunday, March 15, 2015

Traits I hope you inherit from your Mommy and Daddy


Traits I hope you inherit from your dashing Daddy and marvelous Mommy


1.  Dearest darling ... I hope you look like your Mommy.  You will be doubly blessed as you have a beautiful Mommy and a handsome daddy.  Your Mommy loves the color purple and has beautiful dark curly hair, beautiful skin, and dark lovely eyes.  In my imagination I see you looking like this picture complete with purple polka, bows and matching shoes.





2.  I hope you get your Daddy's sense of humor.  Your Daddy has always been cute and charming.  It was really hard for me to discipline him as he always made me laugh.  He can usually find something funny about whatever situation that makes you sad.  I bet you will have secrets with Daddy that will send you into gales of laughter and making Mommy wonder what is so funny.



3.  I hope you get your Mommy's beautiful singing voice and love of music.  Your Daddy loves music but is not a good singer.  He and Poppa went to a Promise Keepers rally with 20 thousand men singing together.   Later he told me, "Momma I was singing as loud as I could and I couldn't even hear me at all and I might have even been good!"




                                             
    4.  I hope you get the ability to sleep anywhere, any time like your Daddy.   Daddy worked a lot of night shifts before you were born so had to learn how to sleep in the day time.  Babies need lots of sleep so for your sake and sake of your new parents I hope you get the ability to sleep through the night quickly.



 5.  I hope you get your Mommy's  love of vegetables and healthy food that will make you grow strong and healthy.  Your daddy loved bananas as a baby and would eat anything as long as he could taste bananas in it.  (Silly baby Daddy!)
 

6.  I hope you love watching sports on TV and going to TCU football games.  Your Daddy loves all kinds of sports, your Mommy loves TCU.  I'm sure you will have lots of sports jerseys including the New York Mets....your Daddy's favorite baseball team.


7. I hope you have your Mommy's sense of adventure and fun.  Your Mommy likes going out to eat and to different events.  She loves to act and sing and is fearless.    I hope you are as fearless when it comes to excelling in any thing you try. 
8.  I hope you have your Daddy's ability to write and journal.  Your Daddy has always been very perceptive and sensitive and found keeping a journal helpful.  He is even writing a blog for you and your future brothers and sisters.
9.  I hope you will know how much you are loved and cherished and prayed for each and every day.  You are your Mommy's deepest desire and your Daddy's opportunity to be your hero and champion . You will be their teacher and will knock off all their rough edges.  Be kind to your parents, they are new at parenting and  you didn't come with an operations manual.

10.  Your innocence and vulnerability......sent fresh from God. I hope you will come to know Jesus at an early age and trust Him all the days of your life. I know your parents will guide you and help you all through life.


Well that's it my darling baby girl.  You have some pretty awesome parents who are so excited to be your very own.  Don't be surprised when people look at you and say, "you have your Dad's smile or your Mommy's disposition",  all that will be revealed as you grow.  Do know that you will be surrounded by those who love you and pray for you each and every day.

XOXO.....Your Diva and Poppa

1 comment:

  1. So glad I found your blogs. Your grandchildren are truly blessed! I'm so thankful I had Godly role-models in you and Papa B growing up. Love you and I'm forever grateful for you!

    ReplyDelete